1. Our Collection of your Information
We collect information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- Information we get from your use of the Services. This is primarily non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers, servers, and services like Google Analytics* typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the time of each visit. Other non-identifying information that we might have access to includes how you use the Service (e.g. search queries), your approximate location, cookies, etc.
We collect this non-personally-identifying information in order to better understand how visitors use the Services and, where possible, to improve their experience. For instance, we log the time it takes to run database queries so that we can improve performance. In some cases, we may publicly display information that is not personally identifying in the aggregate, (e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our Services) or may provide the aggregate data to third parties.
When you use the Services, we also collect potentially personally identifying information in the form of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) accessed (which may reference the name of a board, card, case, wiki, or organization), and the unique identification number associated with the account. We don't use that information to identify you, with one exception: we may discover, by reviewing log files, that a particular account is using the Services in a way that is degrading the experience for all the Services’ users. If this is discovered, we may look up personally identifiable information associated with that account in order to contact the account owner. We handle and disclose this information in the same way we handle other potentially personally identifying information as described below.
- Information you provide to us directly. Certain visitors to our Services choose to interact with them in ways that may require them to provide us with personally identifying information. The amount and type of information that is provided depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for our Services to provide a real name, username, and email address. Organizations and individuals who engage in financial transactions to purchase paid services are asked to provide additional information, such as the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, we only collect as much information as is necessary or appropriate given the type of interaction. We do not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below. And you can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities.
If you send us a request, such as emailing us for support, we reserve the right to publish it (absent any personally identifying information) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or help other users.
In the process of supporting our Services, we may discover personally identifiable information associated with your account. The only personally identifiable information we may discover during the support process without your consent includes your email address and the names of any organizations to which you belong. Any further information will not be discovered without your consent. In the process of supporting our Services, we may need to investigate the data within your account, including data you have entered into private boards, cases, wikis, etc. If this occurs, we will always request your explicit permission before looking at the data in your account.
INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO DISPLAY PUBLICLY ON OUR SERVICES. Some users may elect to publicly post personally identifying or sensitive information about themselves in their normal use of our Services. This could occur through use of optional profile fields, in interactions on public boards, wikis, cases and forums, or if a previously private interaction is made public. Information like that, which is voluntarily posted in publicly visible parts of our Services, is considered to be public, even if it would otherwise be considered to be personally identifying or sensitive. As such, it is not subject to the protocols listed below, because we don't control it; you do.
Additionally, voluntarily publicizing such information means that you lose any privacy rights you might normally have with regards to that information. It may also increase your chances of receiving unwanted communications, like spam. Please also remember that if you choose to provide personally identifiable information using certain public features of the Services, individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through our Services.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO OTHER PARTIES. This Policy only applies to information collected by FogBugz, LLC. It does not apply to the practices of companies that we don't own or control, or employees or contractors that we don't manage. Information on our Services’ boards, wikis, cases and forums may contain links to third party websites, and any information you provide to those sites will be covered by any privacy policies they may have. Please be sure to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit. It is those sites' responsibility to protect any information you give them, so we can't be held liable for their wrongful use of your personally identifying information.
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
FogBugz may use information that we collect about you to:
- allow you to register to our Services and to administer and process the registration;
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- charge you any fees and provide you with a receipt or resolve billing issues associated with your account;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- evaluate the quality of our products and services, and to enhance your experience on our web sites’ communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites; enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business, and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- we may provide your information to affiliated entities within our corporate group, as well as with vendors who perform functions on our behalf; such parties provide hosting and maintenance services, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us;
- third party contractors may have access to our databases. Usually these contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to FogBugz; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the security or integrity of our products and services, and
- when you give us consent to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
4. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
FogBugz uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between FogBugz and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, FogBugz is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
- Web Beacons. FogBugz and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to our Company’s cookie requirements.
- Website Links. We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by FogBugz may have links leading to our site. FogBugz cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
6. Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data (EEA, the UK and Switzerland only)
With respect to personal data collected from individuals from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. FogBugz will normally collect personal data from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the services you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms)
7. Limiting Use, Disclosure, Retention
FogBugz identifies the purposes for which the information is being collected before or at the time of collection. The collection of your personal data will be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by FogBugz. Unless you consent, or we are required by law, we will only use the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected. If FogBugz will be processing your personal data for another purpose later on, FogBugz will seek your further legal permission or consent; except where the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. We will keep your personal data only as long as required to serve those purposes. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. International Transfers of your Personal data
We are a global company. Information collected from you may be stored and processed in the European Economic Area, the United States or any other country in which FogBugz or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Such countries may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
Whenever we share personal data originating in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will rely on lawful measures to transfer that data, such as the Privacy Shield or the EU standard contractual clauses. If you reside in the EEA or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other jurisdictions in which we operate. By providing your personal data, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
9. Accuracy of Personal data
We do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold and use is accurate. We rely on the customers we do business with to disclose to us all relevant information and to inform us of any changes.
10. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal data
Reasonable access to your personal data may be provided upon request made to FogBugz at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, FogBugz will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied. We may charge a reasonable fee in advance for copying and sending the information requested.
If you would like us to delete any persona Data held about you, we will do so on request unless we need to hold the information as part of the provision of products and services to you.
11. Marketing Communications
We offer those who provide personal contact information a means to choose how we use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non- transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
12. Additional Rights (EEA, UK and Switzerland only)
If you reside in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws, including:
- Right of erasure. You may have a broader right to erasure of personal data that we hold about you. For example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations, among other things.
- Right to object to processing. You may have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to restrict processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. For example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held.
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal data in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal data to another data controller without hindrance.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our support team or contact our Data Protection Officer (see our contact details in Section 17 below). We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal data for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
13. Notice to End Users
Most of our services are intended for use by organizations. Where the services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the services and is responsible for the accounts and/or service over which it has control. Please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the services is subject to that organization's policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy. Administrators may be able to:
- help you exercise the rights described in Section 12 (if applicable);
- allow you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the services;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- change your information, including profile information associated with your account; and
- allow you or restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
14. Children’s Privacy
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us immediately.
15. Your California Privacy Rights (United States only)
FogBugz does not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect personal data about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Site or use the Service.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Our site, products, and services are not intended to appeal to minors. However, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site or Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing personal data about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
17. Contacting Us
For EEA, UK, and Swiss Individuals: Privacy Shield Notice for Personal Data Transfers to the United States
“Personal Data” means information that (1) is transferred from the EEA, the UK or Switzerland to the United States; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health.
FogBugz may receive Personal Data from its own personnel as well as from its affiliates, resellers, customers, end-users and other parties located in the EEA, the UK or Switzerland.
FogBugz is the controller of its own human resources data. In addition, FogBugz acting as a data processor or sub-processor may receive Personal Data via its customers. FogBugz executes data processing agreements with such customers which set out the parties’ obligations and responsibilities to comply with the Principles. FogBugz will cooperate with its customers to enable them to comply with the Principles.
Whenever FogBugz processes Personal Data, FogBugz complies with the Principles (as each Principle is applicable to the Company’s role):
- 2. Choice. Whenever FogBugz collects Personal Data directly from individuals, those individuals have the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Data is (1) to be disclosed to a non-agent third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual by contacting our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com. In some of these cases, opting out may require FogBugz to cease providing part or all of the contracted services for which that Personal Data is needed. For Sensitive Personal Information, FogBugz will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively or explicitly (opt in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-Agent third party or for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. FogBugz shall treat Sensitive Personal Information received from an individual the same as the individual would treat and identify it as Sensitive Personal Information. Agents, technology vendors and contractors of FogBugz or affiliated companies may have access to an individual’s Personal Data on a need to know basis for the purpose of performing services on behalf of FogBugz or providing or enabling elements of the services. All such agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to such information are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for FogBugz or as otherwise required by law.
- 3. Accountability for Onward Transfer. Whenever we collect Personal Data directly from individuals, prior to disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. FogBugz shall ensure that any third party to which Personal Data may be disclosed agrees in writing to provide the same level of privacy protection as set forth in this policy.
The Company’s accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, FogBugz remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless FogBugz proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- 4. Data Security. We shall take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. FogBugz has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, FogBugz cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data on or transmitted via the Internet.
- 5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We shall only process Personal Data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, FogBugz shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
- 6. Access. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their Personal Data. We shall allow an individual access to their Personal Data and allow the individual the opportunity to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. Individuals may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to access, correct, amend, or delete the personal information FogBugz holds about you. In cases where FogBugz is a Data Sub-Processor or Processor, individuals must contact the Data Processor or the Data Controller, as applicable
- 7. Enforcement and Dispute Resolution. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, FogBugz is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, FogBugz commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. EEA and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
401 Congress Avenue, Suite 2650
Austin Texas 78701 USA
- a. Human Resources Data. If your complaint involves human resources data transferred to the United States from the EEA, UK or Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship, and FogBugz does not address it satisfactorily, FogBugz commits to cooperate with the panel established by the data protection authorities (DPA Panel) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable and to comply with the advice given by the DPA panel and Commissioner, as applicable with regard to such human resources data. To pursue an unresolved human resources complaint, you should contact the state or national data protection or labor authority in the appropriate jurisdiction. Complaints related to human resources data should not be addressed to the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD.
- b. Non-Human Resources Data. FogBugz has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint was not resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Shield Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website.
D) Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of FogBugz that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Last Updated: May 17, 2019